Our business model and strategy
The aim of our business model and strategy is to ensure our ferrochrome interests are profitable and sustainable and that they add value to all our stakeholders. We achieve this by:
- extracting chrome ore from the Venture’s mines and beneficiating it in its smelters in a safe and cost-efficient manner
- investing in projects that include the Bokamoso and Tswelopele pelletising and sintering plants and the Lion ferrochrome plant Phases I and II that improve the energy and cost efficiency of the Venture's ferrochrome operations
- employing the Venture’s proprietary Premus technology to ensure it is the lowest-cost producer of ferrochrome in South Africa and, despite rising energy costs in South Africa, remains in the lowest quartile of the global ferrochrome production cost curve
- using the flexibility provided by the Venture’s variety of technologies to meet changing operating circumstances and customer requirements
- focusing on reducing costs at the operations and head office
The Company may also consider acquisitions outside of ferrochrome on an opportunistic basis.